1. An old nightgown or comfortable shirt and robe to wear in labor.
2. All other participants should wear clean clothing. Anyone who wishes to assist
with the birth must do a careful hand scrub.
3. Slippers and socks, if your feet get cold easily.
4. Hair ties to keep hair out of the way or dry while in the tub.
5. “Comfort food” things you like!
6. Snacks for the mother and other family members.
7. Relaxing music you enjoy.
8. Chap stick or Vaseline for parched lips.
9. 8-10 old towels for mom and baby, 10 lightweight receiving blankets, 2-3 thin baby hats and a thermometer.
10. Optional: birthday cake, champagne, tapes, video or camera equipment, etc.
11. Faucet adaptor if using portable jacuzzi.
12. A plan for live-in help at home for at least three (3) days after the birth.
13. Two to Three (2-3) extra pillows.
NEW MOTHERS SHOULD NOT DO ANYTHING EXCEPT REST AND TAKE CARE OF THE BABY!